I’ve seen, in the last few days, a lot of posts pop up about people’s New Years Sartorial Resolutions. Now, I’m not a huge fan of New Years Resolutions to begin with. Every major life change I’ve made has never come from a resolution. And besides that, a lot of resolutions are either too grandiose or too vague to really ever work.
With that in mind, I wanted to make a few suggestions for everyone. Before you jump the gun into “get bespoke dub monks” and “wear a suit every day”, let me ask you this:
When was the last time you polished your shoes?
Do you iron your shirt every time you wear it, or just when you want to look your best?
Do any of your trousers have creases?
Have you even ever used a suit brush?
While it’s great to want to go gun-ho into the New Year, I think it would be wise to take a step back, and look at all the little things. This is by no means a comprehensive list, and I am guilty of a few of these things myself.
So, for the New Year, think over what little steps you can take now, so you don’t have as much to worry about when you make your big ones.
- thelanguorofyouth reblogged this from thisfits
- theycallmeuncletodd likes this
- feltyourshape likes this
- thisfits reblogged this from girouxmcisaak
- bespokelife reblogged this from girouxmcisaak
- wearingasuitfornoreason likes this
- mrbushido likes this
- hardcoresoftcore reblogged this from girouxmcisaak
- nairbnah likes this
- sashu likes this
- stylegirlfriend likes this
- check-the-method reblogged this from girouxmcisaak
- thereisnogrey likes this
- badscene likes this
- funkypresident likes this
- gentlestofmen likes this
- sorefromsleep likes this
- acuteobtuse likes this
- thefreshaire likes this
- thesilentist reblogged this from girouxmcisaak and added:
- girouxmcisaak posted this